Monday, May 4, 2009

How did Detriot gets the Lions and Tigers, and Chicago gets the Bears?

I bet you will know the movie, the Wizard of Oz. And I bet you remember this quote "Lions, Tigers and Bears oh my". Well I would like to know how did Detriot gets Lions and Tigers, and Chicago gets the Bears. With both the Lions and Bears being football teams, and the Detriot Tigers are a baseball team. Was there no room in Detriot for all 3 teams, or how do you think that all this happened? I have no idea, how about you, any guesses on your part?

How did Detriot gets the Lions and Tigers, and Chicago gets the Bears?
The Chicago Bares were named after their owner George "Papa Bear" Hallas.





Now for the Lions and Tigers, I think the owners held a contest and people voted on the names. You might try wikipedia and see if there is an answer there.


No comments:

Post a Comment